Best ever shallow fried chips!
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Britain is renowned for its chips. Today you will learn how to make brilliant, chip shop style chips for a fraction of the price!
- 250g Maris piper potatoes
- 50ml of oil, (such as crisp and dry)
- Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar (to taste)
- STEP 1Peel and cut the potatoes to a medium-sized chip shape. Place the chips into a pan of lightly salted boiling water. Cook until firm, roughly 5 mins, then take out of the pan onto a kitchen towel and pat dry.
- STEP 2Heat up the oil in a frying pan and cook the chips until golden. Put the chips onto some more kitchen towel for a minute or until excess fat has strained out.
- STEP 3Serve with salt and vinegar (to taste) and enjoy!