Grilled Turkey Fillet
Member recipe by hadeer710
A quick and filling turkey that can accompany steamed or boiled vegetables.
- About 1/2 kg boneless and skinless turkey breast fillets
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic smashed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- If the turkey breasts are too thick, pound to flatten starting from centre and working out (place fillets in a plastic bag, resealable plastic bags or waxed paper). Each piece should not be thicker than 1.5cm high.
- Combine onion, garlic, spices, vinegar, sugar and olive oil in a container. Add turkey breasts and marinade for 15-30 minutes. Remove excess garlic and/or onion from fillet before grilling. On a hot pan, grill your turkey for 4-5 minutes on each side. Try adding marination to the turkey when it is almost done and allow for one minute on heat before removing (to have a juicy texture).