Ragi Pancake (Finger millet)
Member recipe by guruparan18
A delicious and nutrious quick preparation of pancake using finger millet, onion and peanuts.
- 1 cup of finger millet (ragi) flour.
- 1 medium red onion, finally diced.
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- 2 tbl spoons of peanuts (or peanut butter)
- 1 tsp of salt (for taste)
- optional 1 tsp curry powder.
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup of water
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil and fry diced onions till light brown. Add pepper and curry powder and fry for a minute.
- In a dry bowl, add 1 cup of finger miller powder, salt, peanut and fried onions. Mix them well.
- Add water and knead it a dough. You can make them either to the consistency of pan cake batter or bread batter. Make six equal portions.
- Heat a skillet. Spread the batter in skillet and bake till brown.
- It is better served with brown sugar and hot.