Channa Masala Made Easy
Member recipe by gurbakhsh
Simple and easy vegetarian curry suitable for cooking beginners to rustle up.
- 3 cans of chickpeas
- Three-quarters tsp coriander powder (or garam masala)
- Three-quarters tsp turmeric powder
- Half tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Half can chopped tomatoes
- 4-5 fresh sprigs chopped coriander
- Fry onions, garlic, ginger and chillies in a pan on a low heat until starting to brown. Add spices and salt and after 1-2 minutes add tomatoes. Gently cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and some water to get a slightly runny consistency, and cook for 20 minutes until sauce thickens. Then take off heat and sprinkle with fresh coriander.
- Serve with rice, naan or chappatis and salad.