Pork, veggie and pearl barley casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Lots of veg! Brilliant for the winter months, and it's healthy too.
- 1 turnip
- 1 parsnip
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Frozen peas
- Green beans
- Pearl barley
- Pork casserole mix
- Vegetable stock
- STEP 1Chop up onion, mushrooms, leek, parsnip, turnip and carrot and put into a casserole dish.
- STEP 2Mince the garlic with a garlic press and add to dish.
- STEP 3Add peas, green beans, pearl barley and pork.
- STEP 4Make vegetable stock with oxo cube and boiling water and add.
- STEP 5Add the pork casserole mix with cold water to the dish.
- STEP 6Place in the oven at 200 degrees for about an hour.
- STEP 7During cooking, stir and add salt, black pepper and Worcester sauce.