Penne Pasta Bake
Member recipe by guinea-pigsrockabi12
A great dish to help you get all of your nutrients into your diet!
- For the Sauce:
- 1/2 a medium onion
- 1tsp fresh basil
- 70g beef meatballs
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 can of passata
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1 and 1/2 heaped tbsp sweetcorn
- 1 heaped tbsp carrots
- 1 heaped tbsp peas
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- For the Pasta:
- 120g Penne Pasta Shapes
- To Top:
- 50g grated mozzarella
- 1 whole fresh basil leaf
- Wash hands, tie back hair and gather ingredients.
- Finely chop the onion and basil. Chop the carrot into chunks and chop the meatballs into quarters.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan on a medium temperature.
- Add the meatballs and onion to the pan and fry gently for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the can of tomatoes, the passata, tomato puree, sweetcorn, carrots, peas, basil, sugar, salt and pepper to the pan. Mix well.
- Simmer gently on a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring it occasionally.
- Whilst the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta. Boil water in a seperate saucepan and add the pasta. Leave the pasta to cook for 10-12 minutes until soft.
- Once the sauce has simmered (your pasta should be cooking by now) remove the pan from the heat and place on a wooden board.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain it in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Pour the pasta sauce onto a plate. Then place the pasta on top in the middle of the plate. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the pasta. Then put the whole basil leaf on top. Enjoy!!!