Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Penne Pasta Bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 2
A great dish to help you get all of your nutrients into your diet!
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 a medium onion
- 1tsp fresh basil
- 70g beef meatballs
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 can of passata
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1 and 1/2 heaped tbsp sweetcorn
- 1 heaped tbsp carrots
- 1 heaped tbsp peas
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
For the Pasta:
- 120g Penne Pasta Shapes
- 50g grated mozzarella
- 1 whole fresh basil leaf
- STEP 1Wash hands, tie back hair and gather ingredients.
- STEP 2Finely chop the onion and basil. Chop the carrot into chunks and chop the meatballs into quarters.
- STEP 3Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan on a medium temperature.
- STEP 4Add the meatballs and onion to the pan and fry gently for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- STEP 5Add the can of tomatoes, the passata, tomato puree, sweetcorn, carrots, peas, basil, sugar, salt and pepper to the pan. Mix well.
- STEP 6Simmer gently on a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring it occasionally.
- STEP 7Whilst the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta. Boil water in a seperate saucepan and add the pasta. Leave the pasta to cook for 10-12 minutes until soft.
- STEP 8Once the sauce has simmered (your pasta should be cooking by now) remove the pan from the heat and place on a wooden board.
- STEP 9Once the pasta has cooked, drain it in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- STEP 10Pour the pasta sauce onto a plate. Then place the pasta on top in the middle of the plate. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the pasta. Then put the whole basil leaf on top. Enjoy!!!