Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Petite Tomato Onion Pizzas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 6
Petite pizzas with onions, tomatoes, olives, tomato-basil crumbles
- 2 medium onions, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes (4 1/2 oz), cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives (1 1/2 oz), pitted and cut into slivers
2 sheets Origami Tomato Basil Wraps- toasted for 20 minutes at 200, then crumbled http://www.origamifoods.com/Shop-Now.html
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- STEP 1Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 475ÃÂ°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- STEP 2Cook onions, garlic, anchovy paste, salt, pepper, and sugar in oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until onions are caramelized and very soft, 25 to 30 minutes.
- STEP 3Divide dough into 4 pieces and gently stretch each into a 5-inch square, then transfer to baking sheet. Spread onion mixture over each square, leaving a 1/4-inch border around edges, then top with tomato slices. Bake pizzas until edges of dough are golden, 12 to 18 minutes.
- STEP 4Toss together olives and thyme and sprinkle over pizzas.
- STEP 5Quarter each square diagonally, making 4 triangles, then cut each triangle in half.
- STEP 6Sprinkle with toasted Origami Tomato-Basil crumbles and sea salt.