- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 30 gingerbreads
Lovely hollow gingerbread biscuits.
- 100 grams of margarine
- 350 grams of caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 250 grams of self-raising flour
- 1 - 2 tbsp of ground ginger
- STEP 1Heat oven to 150C, and well grease approx 3 or 4 baking trays. Cream marg and sugar until soft and then beat in the egg,
- STEP 2Sieve the flour with the ginger, then add to the mixture, work to a firm dough. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured worksurface.
- STEP 3Knead and then roll into small balls, about walnut size. Place them fairly well apart, on baking sheet.
- STEP 4Bake in the oven for 20-30 mins until they are puffed up and lightly browned. Lift off and leave to cool.