Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Ginger parsnips and carrots
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 6
Lovely creamy combination! Recommend to a friend.
- 1kg parsnips, can replace with some carrots.
- 300 ml creme fraiche
- salt and pepper
- 60g butter
- 2.5cm fresh root ginger
- STEP 1Firstly, cut carrots and parsnips into matchstick-thin strips. Then blanch in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain.
- STEP 2Melt the butter in the saucepan. Add the ginger and cook gently, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add the parsnips, tossing to coat in the butter. Add salt and pepper to taste, then turn the mixture into a large, shallow ovenproof dish.
- STEP 3Pour the creme fraiche over the parsnip mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 190C for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Serve at once.