Pistachio and Orange Biscotti
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes Approximately 30 Biscuits
The ideal biscuit to dunk into your flat white.. or a cute festive gift. Alter the flavours to your fancy, retaining the liquid to nut ratio all combinations are delicious, hazelnut and baileys is a favourite!
- 250g Plain Flour
- 150g Golden Caster Sugar
- 75g Ground Almonds
- 1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Large Eggs
- 100g Pistachios, Roughly Chopped
- Zest 1 Orange
- 4 Tbsp Fresh Orange Juice
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180C. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper. Separate your eggs, retaining 1 yolk and 3 whites. Discard remaining 2 yolks.
- STEP 2Combine the flour, sugar, ground almonds, bicarb and baking powder and sieve into a mixing bowl. Add the egg yolk, egg whites and orange juice to the dry ingredients, hand mix until well combined, should be a sticky consistency. Now add in your pistachios and orange zest, again hand mix to make sure they're well distributed throughout the dough.
- STEP 3Half the mixture and shape into two logs, on your prepared baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes.
- STEP 4Remove from the oven and let cool until you can handle it. Cut each log into 1cm diagonal slices. Lay each slice on the baking tray and return to the oven for a further 8-10 minutes. They should be browned around the outside but still pale in the centre (reference picture), but throughly dried out for that classic biscotti *SNAP*