Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Creamy Chicken Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A heart warming dish that's perfect with roast leftovers on a winter's day.
- 85g Butter
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot
- 2 small potatoes, cut in small chunks
- 1 large leek, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tbsp Thyme (dried will be fine)
- 50g plain flour
- 1.3 litres stock
- 200g chicken, large chunks
- STEP 1Melt 25g butter in a large pan. Add onion and chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes until starting to turn translucent. Stir in carrot and potato and fry for 4 minutes. Add the leek and thyme and fry for a further 3 minutes. Set aside.
- STEP 2Melt remaining butter in the pan. When melted, turn heat down to low and add flour, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes to make a roux. Pour in stock a little at a time stirring constantly. When all stock added, whisk till smooth. Add the set aside chicken and vegetables. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Serve with crusty bread.