Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Cake
This loaf/cake is great with a nice cuppa coffee :-)
- 8oz Butter
- 8oz Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 8oz Black Treacle
- 2 Eggs
- 12oz Plain Flour
- 4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 pint Milk
- 3 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- STEP 1Grease and line a cake tin that is 8x12 in size. Heat the butter, sugar and treacle together in a pan until the butter has just melted.
- STEP 2Beat the eggs lightly in a bowl.
- STEP 3Sift the flour, ginger and cinnamon into another bowl. Stir the melted mixture and the eggs into the flour.
- STEP 4Heat the milk until lukewarm. Remove the heat and stir into the bicarbonate of soda. Add to the mixture and beat well. Pour into the prepared tin.
- STEP 5Bake at 170c/Gas 3 for 1 1/2 hours. Turn out and allow to cool on a rack.