Quinoa and Sweet Potato veggie curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Super healthy, colourful, quick heart warming dish which can have meat or seafood added to it if you fancy.
- 1 cup of Quinoa
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, chopped into chunks.
- Ground sweet paprika
- Ground cumin seeds
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 finely chopped onion
- Handfull of fresh coriander
- 2 avocados, chopped and diced.
- 120g spinach or mixed salad
- 120g chopped chestnut mushrooms
- Olive oil for cooking
- Ground salt and pepper for seasoning
- Ground coriander
- 1 cube of Vegetable stock
- STEP 1Heat a large pan of olive oil and add in the chopped garlic, onions, ground coriander and ground cumin. Stir in the oil until you can smell the aroma and the garlic and onions have turned golden.
- STEP 2Add the chopped peppers and mushrooms -- continue to add further seasoning as required to taste. If you wish to add chicken or prawns, now would be a good time! Add paprika to taste.
- STEP 3In another pot, boil the sweet potato in salted water until tender/soft. Add to the large pan.
- STEP 4Whilst heating and mixing up the main ingredients, in another pot, pour in 1 cup of quinoa, with 1 and a half cups of water. Add vegetable stock and leave to cook for 10 mins. Once cooked, drain and leave to cool.
- STEP 5In a separate serving bowl, add in your salad/spinach (washed), cooked quinoa, diced up avocados, and your large pan of ingredients which should have cooked through. The sweet potato would make a thick curry-esque sauce. Pour everything over the quinoa and salad/spinach and mix it all up. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh coriander. Additionally, you can add humous to the side of your plate.