Cod and Chorizo in tomato sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Quick, easy and filling - takes 20 minutes and can be a real winter warmer.
- 1 tbsp olive oil (reduce by half if using chorizo)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaped tsp light, soft brown sugar
- few sprigs thyme, leaves stripped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cod, fillets or another white flaky fish, such as pollack
- 1 small sliced chorizo sausage (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic (leave out if using chorizo)
- 1 tsp fish sauce (for depth)
- black, stoned olives (optional)
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chorizo (or garlic) and onion, then fry for 5-8 mins until lightly browned. Stir in the tomatoes, sugar, thyme and soy, then bring to the boil.
- STEP 2Simmer 5 mins, then add the fish sauce. Stir and then slip the cod into the sauce. Cover and gently cook for 8-10 mins until the cod flakes easily. Serve with boiled or mashed potato for a hearty winter warmer.