Boiled Fruit Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cooling time for mix is 1hr+
- Serves 12
Easy one pan moist fruit cake...
- 300g Dried Mixed Fruit
- 150g Soft Brown Sugar
- 110g Butter
- 250ml Milk
- 300g Self Raising Flour
- 2 Eggs
- STEP 1Grease and line a 2lb bread tin.
- STEP 2In a saucepan add the fruit, sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a gentle boil stirring all the time.
- STEP 3Allow mix to cool properly (can take upwards of an hour).
- STEP 4Once cool, add flour and eggs to the mix and stir thoroughly.
- STEP 5Transfer mix to the tin and place in the centre of a pre-heated oven (Gas 5 / 190 C) for 1hr