Chicken, Veg and tomato cous cous bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
easy saucy cous cous recipe that can use leftover chicken and veg
- 100 g cous cous
- 200ml chicken stock
- Chopped veg-mushrooms,courgette,peppers,leeks etc
- cooked chicken (i use left over roast chicken) -cut into strips
- tomato puree /chopped tinned tomatoes
- STEP 1fry onion in a little olive oil and add pepper and mushrooms unties softened. Take off heat and leave to one side
- STEP 2boil 200 ml water and add chicken stock cube. when water is simmering add courgette, leeks (or any other veg you are using). When veg is softened take off heat and transfer the veg to the other pan.
- STEP 3Put cous cous into a dish and Pour the chicken stock used to cook veg over the cous cous. Cover and leave for around 10 mins for cous cous to cook.
- STEP 4meanwhile, add tomato puree/tinned chopped tomatoes (how much depending on how saucy you want it) to the veg and bring back to the heat. Add chicken strips and heat until hot all the way through.
- STEP 5Season to taste. Serve cous cous and pour sauce over the top.