Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 16 muffins
Great for using over ripe bananas. Easy and tasty.
- 70g unsalted butter (melted)
- 190g plain flour
- 40g brown sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Large pinch of salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas (Mashed with a fork)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 of a cup of chocolate chips (recommend a mix of milk and dark chocolate chips)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180 and line muffin cups with liners. The recipe makes 16 regular sized muffins so they may need to be baked in batches.
- STEP 2Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt) in a large bowl. Whisk the melted butter, egg and mashed banana and egg in separate bowl until blended. Then add the banana mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and use a fork to combine, there is no need to over-mix. Once combined gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- STEP 3Fill the muffin cases approximately 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 mins until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.