Red Cabbage with Apples & Port
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Lovely and healthy dish great for autumn
- 1 large red cabbage
- 200g thinly sliced onion
- 200g thickly sliced peeled cooking apples
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. caraway seeds
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp. port
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 150C .
- STEP 2Wash and shred the red cabbage and place half across the bottom of a ProCook Black Cast Iron Casserole.
- STEP 3Mix the onion with the cooking apples, garlic, brown sugar and caraway seeds and spread half over the cabbage.
- STEP 4Repeat both layers then pour over the white wine vinegar and port.
- STEP 5Dot with butter and bake covered at 150C for 3.5 hours.