Fennel and almond sauce for pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A very easy and quick recipe that is gluten free, vegan and packed with nutrition. It can be served with pasta but works equally well served on a baked potato.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped or crushed
- 1 medium sized fennel bulb chopped finely
- 2 sticks of celery finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 75 grams of ground almonds
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Pinch of ground cayenne
- 50 grams toasted almond flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to season
- STEP 1Gently fry the onions, garlic, fennel and celery and green pepper in a tablespoon of olive oil until soft.
- STEP 2Add the tin of tomatoes and ground almonds, basil and cayenne and bring to boiling.
- STEP 3Add salt and pepper seasoning to taste before serving on pasta or baked potato. Sprinkle over the toasted almonds to serve.