Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Nutty Oat Bites
- Preparation and cooking time
- A challenge
- Makes makes 16 bars
These Nutty treats are good with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 200 g/7oz rolled oats
- 115g/4oz chopped hazelnuts
- 55g/2oz plain flower
- 115g/4oz unsalted butter plus extra for greasing
- 2tbtp golden syrup
- 85g/3oz light muscovado suger
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 100 c/350 f /gas mark 4. Grease a 23/ 9 inch cake tin .
- STEP 2Place the oats, hazelnuts and flower in a large bowl and stir together.
- STEP 3Place the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until melted. Pour onto the dry ingredients and mix well.
- STEP 4Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth level.
- STEP 5Bake in the preheat oven for 20 minutes or 25 minutes for a golden brow topping .Cut into squares and leave to cool.