Easy Microwave Sponge Pudding
Member recipe by gneal91
- For The Sponge:
- 4oz Butter/Marg (plus some for greasing the bowl)
- 4oz Sugar/Caster Sugar
- 4oz S/R Flour
- 2 Medium Eggs
- For The Topping: - Pick any (or choose your own)
- 2-3 tbsp Jam (any jam)
- 2-3 tbsp Chocolate Spread
- 1 Banana Sliced
- 2-3 Peach halves
- 2-3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- You will also need:
- 2 Bowls - 1 Needs to be slightly smaller than the other and needs to be microwave proof.
- In a bowl cream the Butter and Sugar together untill smooth.
- Add in the Eggs, and beat quickly so that it does not curdle (You could add a tbsp of flour at this point - if you are worried about it curdling).
- Once the Eggs are combined, add in all of the Flour, and combine together, try to get as much air in the mixture as possible.
- Grease a separate bowl with a little butter. In the bottom of the bowl put in your topping, (eg - Jam).
- Once the Jam is in the bottom, add the sponge mixture on top of the Jam and level out slightly.
- Cover with cling film or a plate and microwave for about 6-8 minutes (Time may vary on individual microwaves - so if you think it needs more time dont worry - you cant over cook the sponge - just be carefull if you have used chocolate spread this can burn)
- Once cooked remove the cling film or plate (be carefull it will be hot). Place a large plate over the top of the bowl - holding the bowl and plate together - flip the bowl upside down and the sponge should land on the plate. Take the bowl off, cut into 4 and serve with custard.