- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes Enough stock for soup for 4 people.
Chicken stock for soup etc
- Carrots x2
- Celery (sticks) x2
- Onion (medium) x1
- Chicken carcas
- STEP 1Put the leftover bones and skin from a chicken carcass into a large stock pot and cover with cold water. Add veggies like celery, onion and carrots. Add salt and pepper.
- STEP 2Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to bring the stock to barely a simmer. Simmer uncovered at least 4 hours to 5 hours.
- STEP 3Remove the bones and strain the stock.
- STEP 4If making stock for future use in soup you may want to reduce the stock by simmering a few hours longer to make it more concentrated and easier to store.