Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes A batch
Dry roasted Garam Masala for use within Indian cooking.
- 6 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 sticks of Cinnamon - Broken into mall pieces
- 3 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 tbsp Pepper Corns
- 1 tsp Cloves
- 6 Cardamom Seeds - Removed from the pods
- 3 Bay Leaves - Crushed
- 2 Red Chili Peppers - Dried
- 1/2 Nutmeg - Grated
- STEP 1Heat a heavy frying pan. Do not use any oil!
- STEP 2Place the coriander, cinnamon, cumin seeds, peppercorns and cloves in the pan and then dry roast until the ingredients are slightly browned and fragrant. Leave to cool.
- STEP 3Crush ingredients using a mortar and pestle.