Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
chocolate date brownies
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes makes12 brownies
these indulgent chocolate brownies are delicious with some cold vanilla ice cream this recipe makes 12 brownies enjoy
- half a cup of chopped dates
- 100g of butter/ 4oz
- 150 grams of plain semi sweet chocolate drops / 60 oz
- 75g of self raising flour / 30 oz
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 175C / 325F. butter a 17 cm x 27 tin the sides should not be lower than 3 and a half cm.
- STEP 2in a medium saucepan gently heat the butter with the sugar until the butter is melted stir with a wooden spoon
- STEP 3remove the saucepan from the heat on to a pan stand and add the chocolate drops stir until the chocolate drops have melted into the butter and sugar mixture then leave it to cool for a few minutes
- STEP 4meanwhile in a small mixing bowl mix the flour and salt then leave aside
- STEP 5in a small jug or bowl beat the eggs and vanilla essence together with a fork then add it to the chocolate mixture
- STEP 6chop the dates and then add to the chocolate mixture
- STEP 7add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and beat until smooth
- STEP 8pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake for 30 mins until the brownies have shrunk away from the sides
- STEP 9leave to cool in baking tray and then cut into slices enjoy!