Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Golden Syrup Flapjack
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12-16
Really Easy Comfort food
- 150g butter
- 75g Light Brown soft sugar
- 3 rounded tbsp Golden Syrup
- 250g rolled oats (porridge oats)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180C/160Cfan/ gas 4. Grease and line a shallow 20cm square tin with baking parchment.
- STEP 2Put the butter, sugar and Golden Syrup into a medium pan and gently heat until melted. Stir in the oats. Turn into the tin, level and press the mixture evenly and firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 25 minutes, or until just golden around the edges.
- STEP 3Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes then mark into 12 or 16 pieces whilst still warm. Cool completely before turning out onto a board and cutting again with a sharp knife.