Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Moscow Moo Cow Cocktail
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
Creamy coffee & vodka based cocktail that'll use up those leftover Christmas liqueurs.
- Coffee liqueur (e.g. Tia Maria)
- Irish Cream liqueur (e.g. Bailey's)
- Crushed ice
- Coffee beans to decorate
- STEP 1Half fill a cocktail shaker or blender with crushed ice (cubes will do if crushed ice isn't easily available). Next, pour in 4 measures of milk. For a really indulgent version, you can substitute 1, 2, 3 or all 4 measures of milk for the equivalent amount of single or even double cream. If I'm using double, I usually mix it half-&-half with full fat milk. Alternatively, for a "skinny" version, you could use only 4 measures of skimmed or low-fat milk.
- STEP 2Next, add 2 measures of coffee liqueur, 1 measure of Irish Cream & 1 measure of vodka per. person to the shaker or blender, & shake vigorously for 2-3 minutes, or blend on high speed for a minute or so until everything is well mixed & drink is good & frothy.
- STEP 3Once mixed, pour your cocktail into a champagne 'saucer', tall highball glass or iced Martini glass, whichever you prefer, & finally decorate each glass with a couple of coffee beans & a cocktail straw (optional)