Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Nutty Delight: The Perfect Morning Breakfast Smoothie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
This smooth, nutty smoothie is the perfect breakfast recipe. It is especially useful for breakfast on-the-go and the nutty texture and golden syrup make for a sinfully tasty yet wholesome, healthy breakfast.
- For the smoothie:
- Banana-1 no.
- Walnuts-4 no.s
- Almonds-4 no.s
- Rasins-4 no.s
- Milk-100 ml
- Vanilla Ice Cream-1 scoop
- Ground flax seeds- 1 tsp
- Golden Syrup-1 tsp
- STEP 1Take the chopped banana, nuts, ground flax seeds (or flax seed powder),milk and ice cream in a blitzer. Blitz the mixture for 15-20 seconds.
- STEP 2Rememeber: Blitz it according to the texture you'd like your smoothie to have. (I personally like my smoothie with small chunks of banana and nuts, so i blitz it for 15 seconds only).
- STEP 3Pour the smoothie into a nice tall glass or a take-away cup for breakfast on-the-go.
- STEP 4Dont forget to garnish your smoothie with a drizzle of some luscious golden syrup.