Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12
These are my favourite peanut cookies. The mixed spice works really well with the salty, nuttiness of the peanuts. You could replace the salted peanuts with honey-roast peanuts, cashew nuts and almonds. These are perfect for the biscuit tin as they will be enjoyed by the whole family.
- 50g / 1 oz softened butter or margarine
- 50g / 1 oz soft light brown sugar
- 50g / 1 oz roughly chopped salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 75g / 2 oz self-raising flour
- STEP 1Cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Stir in the peanuts and orange juice. Sift in the flour and mixed spice and mix in. This should form a soft, but not sticky dough.
- STEP 2Roll into about 12 evenly-sized balls and place on a greased baking tray or sheet. Flatten slightly with a warm fork (having the fork warm stops it from sticking to the dough too much).
- STEP 3Bake for 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven at 180C/Gas 4 until the cookies are light golden in colour. This will still feel slightly soft to the touch, but they will firm up in cooling.
- STEP 4Chill on a wire rack / cooling tray once fully baked. Munch and enjoy!