Cherry and Honey Cakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 10
These are small, sweet cakes which children and adults will love. Enjoy!
- 2 oz / 56g softened butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons of runny honey
- 3 oz / 85g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 oz / 56g roughly chopped glacé cherries
- STEP 1Cream together butter and honey until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg. If the mixture starts to curdle (separate) then sift in a tablespoon of the flour. Sift the flour into the mixture then fold or whisk it in.
- STEP 2Fold in the glacé cherries. Line a small bun tin with 10 paper cases. Divide the mixture between the cases.
- STEP 3Bake the cakes for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown in a preheated oven at 170C/Gas 3.