Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Gnocchi with chilli sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Spicy gnocchi recip perfect for a cold day! But also fresh enough to eat when its not so cold!
- 1 Pack of ready made gnocchi
For the Sauce:
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or chilli oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 or 2 red chillis
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 stick of celery
- 100g mushrooms (optional)
- 1 courgette (optional)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomtoe puree
- If you do ont want this to be a vegetarian recipe it goes nicely with king prawns or chicken breasts and you would cook this seperately and add towards the end. If using chicken you may wish to marinade in a chilli based marinade.
- Parmasan cheese
- Few fresh basil leaves
- STEP 1Add the oil to a pan and warm. Then add the onions, garlic and chilli.
- STEP 2Once softened add all the other vegetables and cover with a lid
- STEP 3Once the rest of the vegetables are softened add in the tomato puree and stir until evenly distributed over the vegetables
- STEP 4Add the tin of tomatoes into the pan and allow to simmer for about 20 mins with the lid covering - if you prefer a thicker sauce you may want to leave the pan uncovered for a while
- STEP 5Near to when the sauce looks ready cook the gnocchi as the instructions on the packet direct you to (normally boiling for around 3 mins)
- STEP 6Drain the gnocchi and serve onto plates. Add the sauce on top and sprinkle with some parmasan cheese and a few basil leaves