Leek and potato soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A smooth, creamy vegetable soup that's full of flavour. Make it into a meal with plenty of bread and butter.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 225g/8oz potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium leeks sliced
- 1.2 litres/2 pints vegetable stock
- 150ml/5fl oz double cream or crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, potatoes and leeks. Cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften.
- STEP 2Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Season well and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- STEP 3Whizz with a hand blender or in a blender until smooth. Reheat in a clean pan, stir in the cream or crème fraîche, heat through and serve.