Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes About 24 shortbreads
This is a very traditional scottish shortbread loved by many people it can either be hard or it can straight away melt in your mouth. In my recipe they are soft when they are out the oven but are more for the people who love shortbread more hard than soft
- 500 grams plain flour
- 200 grams sugar
- 400 grams butter
- STEP 1Get all your equipment prepared. You will need a weighing scale and mixing bowl to weigh your ingredients carefully.And a white chopping board for dairy when putting butter into small cubes
- STEP 2Now weigh out your ingredients carefully.
- STEP 3sieve the plain flour and caster sugar. Then cube the butter. Put it all in together and make sure caster sugar and plain flour is perfectly smoothly mixed. then start rubbing in the butter into plain flour and the caster sugar do this in long enough and efficiently enough so that all the butter melts from your warmth and after quite a while the dough will form into a large ball.
- STEP 4Then what you need to do is roll them into a sausage on a clean working table in your kitchen. And then cut them into the sizes you want and make them square or round.
- STEP 5Put them in oven about 170*C for 30 mins note all ovens are different so may differ this is an approximate so keep checking your oven