Easy Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 8
The most gorgeous, simple, cupcakes made easy! Recipe makes 8 cupcakes.
- 100g of nonsalted butter/margarine
- 100g of caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100g of self raising flour
- 100g of chocolate chips (what ever ones you want)
- Half a tbs of vanilla essence
- Icing sugar (for topping)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5. Prepare your cupcake tray with the cases needed.
- STEP 2Put the butter/margarine in with the caster sugar and use an electric whisk to beat until light and fluffy.
- STEP 3Slowly whisk in the eggs a bit at a time so that they don't curdle. Once fully whisked add the vanilla essence.
- STEP 4Sift the flour into the mixture and fold it using a spatula so as to get all of the flour mixed. Once consistent, add the chocolate chips and fold them in as well.
- STEP 5Use two tea spoons to spoon the mixture into the cases until they're 3/4 full. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, check regularly with a cocktail stick (if they are undercooked the cocktail stick will come out with mixture on it). Once cupcakes are done place on a cooling rack until cool.
- STEP 6Dust with icing sugar and enjoy!