- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 pizza base
Quick simple way to make a pizza base
For the base
- 375g flour
- 7g yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 225ml warm water
- STEP 1Put the flour (375g) into a large bowl, then mix in the yeast (7g), salt (1 teaspoon) and sugar (1 tablespoon).
- STEP 2Add the warm water (225ml) and the olive oil (2 tablespoons) and mix together until you have a soft, fairly wet dough.
- STEP 3Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins until smooth.
- STEP 4Put on your choice of topping then cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 200C.