Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spiced Orange Upside-down Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
Succulent, spicy sponge laced with sweet orange.
- 160g light brown sugar
- 150g butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g self raising flour
- 2-3tsp ground ginger
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 orange, finely sliced
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Take a 30cm cake pan and line in with grease-proof paper. On top on the paper sprinkle 10g of the brown sugar evenly across the surface. Take the orange slices and arrange them in your desired pattern on top of the sugar.
- STEP 2In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- STEP 3Fold in the flour and spices until fully incorporated, then carefully spoon the mixture on top of the orange slices and spread evenly.
- STEP 4Bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes, until a skewer comes out the centre clean. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then turn out on to a plate.