- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
Simple easy Pie
- 1 egg
- 100g/4oz soft cream cheese with chives
- 1 tablespoon ready-grated parmesan, or similar vegetarian hard cheese
- black pepper
- 60g/2oz courgette, grated
- 50ml/2fl oz rapeseed oil
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- pinch of pepper
- 3 Tomatoes
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
- STEP 2Start by making the pie filling. Break an egg into a bowl then beat with afork. Then add the cream cheese and mix into the egg until well combined. Add the parmesan and some black pepper. Stir well, then add the grated courgette and tomatoes give the mixture another good stir.
- STEP 3Brush the inside of a small (500g) loaf tin with the oil and line with a sheet of filo pastry with the extra falling over the outside of the tin.
- STEP 4Brush with more oil, then lay another sheet on top creating extra overlap on the side. Brush that layer with oil, then add the third sheet on top.
- STEP 5Pour your eggy filling into the pie then fold the extra pastry over the top, a layer at a time, hiding the filling. Dot the pastry with oil as you build the layers. Finally dab the top of filo pastry with more oil.
- STEP 6Put it in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the filo topping is golden-brown and crisp.