- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes adjustable
- brussels sprouts
- bacon lardons
- grated mature cheddar
- cream cheese
- creme fraiche
- sage & onion stuffing mix
- STEP 1Trim & halve the sprouts, and boil or steam for 5 mins until just tender.
- STEP 2Fry or dry-fry the bacon lardons until red/brown and crispy on the edges.
- STEP 3Melt together the cheeses with a good blob of creme fraiche to make a fairly thick sauce.
- STEP 4Drain the sprouts and pile onto a serving plate. Pour over the cheese sauce leaving a "border" of sprouts uncovered. Scatter the lardons over the cheese sauce, and then sprinkle over all lightly with a little stuffing mix.