RICOTTA COCOA WAFFLES-Wholegrain
- Preparation and cooking time
- You can blend it and leave overnight and make waffles in the morning.
- Makes 12-15
These ricotta waffles are a perfect balance of healthy and yummy. They are loaded with whole grains, sweet and nutty. They are as easy as 1-2-3,blend, bake and Enjoy!!
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberries or raspberries
- 1 large over ripe banana
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- STEP 1Add ricotta cheese, buttermilk, eggs, banana,strawberry in a blender and mix well.
- STEP 2Add oats and sugar and blend it again.
- STEP 3Pour in a mixing bowl and mix in all other ingredients and make sure not to over mix.
- STEP 4Preheat the waffle iron. Spray the grill with non stick butter spray and pour one ladle of mix/batter and cook for 5 minutes or until it's cooked. Serve Hot.