Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
New England Baked Cod with Ritz Cracker Crumbs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
My recipe for Baked Cod is a tried and true family favorite perfect to enjoy year round. The secret to the crunchy, golden crumb topping is to use Ritz Crackers instead of boring old breadcrumbs. I added Parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley and pepper to the crumb mixture to give it lots of flavor. This is a perfect, easy dinner for seafood lovers! Visit thechicbrulee.com for more great recipe ideas.
- 453 grams boneless, skinless cod filets
- Butter, for greasing
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- black pepper, a few grinds to taste
- dash of cayenne pepper, if desired
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Lemon wedges
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 190 C.
- STEP 2Grease your baking dish with butter.
- STEP 3Rinse cod and pat dry. Place cod in baking dish.
- STEP 4In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs, cheese, garlic, black pepper, cayenne pepper and parsley. Mix until combined.
- STEP 5In a medium size saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Turn off heat and then add the crumb mixture to the pan. Mix until the butter and crumbs are combined.
- STEP 6Spoon crumb mixture generously over the cod. Dust with paprika.
- STEP 7Bake for about 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through and the crumbs are browned.