Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Tomato soup with a hint of garlic
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
This tomato soup is simple but delicious.
- 3lb of tomatoes
- 1 good sized onion
- 1 good sized potato (or 2 small)
- garlic cloves (or 1 heaped tsp of easy garlic)
- 1 1/2 tbl spoons of olive oil
- black pepper (to season to taste)
- 1 pint of chicken stock
- sugar (amount varies dependent on your taste)
- STEP 1Soften the onion and potato in a pan
- STEP 2Cut tomatoes into chunks then add to onion and potato in pan.
- STEP 3Add Garlic and season to taste in the pan.
- STEP 4Add 1 pint of chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- STEP 5Simmer for 25 minutes, then liquidize before adding sugar for taste.