Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate chip and vanilla cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12
I bake these cookies every week and they are great for packed lunch.
- 4oz caster sugar and same amount of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and same amount for ginger
- 6oz plain flour
- 100g chocolate chips
- STEP 1Heat your oven to 180 deggrees C, 350 deggrees F, gas mark 4 before you start. Wipe a paper towel in a little margarine. Then grease two baking trays by wiping the paper towel over them. Put the sugar and butter into a large bowl and stir them well. Carry on stirring until you get a smooth, creamy mixture.
- STEP 2Break the egg into a small bowl and mix it well with a fork. Add the vanilla essence to the egg, then mix it in. Pour the egg into the large bowl and stir it in. Sift the flour through a sieve into the bowl then stir everything well.
- STEP 3When the mixture is smooth, stir in the chocolate chips. Using a tablespoon, put a heaped tablespoon onto a baking tray. Then make 11 more cookies the same way. Flatten each cookie slightly with the back of a fork.
- STEP 4Bake the cookies for 10 - 15 minutes. They should be pale golden brown and still slightly soft in the middle. Leave the cookies for a few minutes. Then use a spatula to lift them on a wire rack. Leave them to cool completley.