Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate and Ginger flapjacks
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12
I usually add a twist to my recipies. As with this one.
- 6oz margarine and same amount for demerara sugar
- 100g chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 8oz porridge oats
- 1 tsp ginger ( an 18 x 27 cm shallow tin.)
- STEP 1Heat your oven to 160 deggrees C, 325 deggrees F, gas mark 3 before you start. Lay the tin on a piece of greaseproof paper or baking parchment. Draw around the tin, then cut out the recktangle. Put the paper into the tin. Dip a paper towel in some margarine, then rub the towel over the paper and the inside of the tin.
- STEP 2Put the margarine and sugar into a large saucepan. Dip a tablespoon into hot water, then use it to add the golden syrup. Heat the pan on a low heat, until the margarine has melted. Use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture, and don't let it boil. Take the pan off the heat. Then add the oats, chocolate chips and ginger. Stir them in really well, until they are covered with the syrup mixture.
- STEP 3Spoon the flapjack mixture into the tin. Spread it all over the bottom and push it right into the corners. Smooth the mixture with a back of a spoon. Wearing oven gloves, put the tin on the middle shelf on your oven.
- STEP 4Bake the mixture for about 25 mins. When the top is golden brown, carefully lift the tin out of the oven. Leave the mixture in the tin for 10 mins. Cut into piecies while warm, then leave the pieces in the tin to cool.