Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Grilled halloumi in a spicy tomato based sauce served with boiled rice.
- 1 pack halloumi
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1-1 1/2mug basmati rice (you can also use long grain rice but need more than 1 mug-full)
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 chilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large fresh tomatoes (boil and remove the skins)
- STEP 1Cut the halloumi into small cubes and drizzle in olive oil before placing under the grill (leave for no more than 10 mins)
- STEP 2Finely chop and fry the onion, garlic, chilli and poppy seeds in the sunflower oil until the onions are golden.
- STEP 3Add the cloves, chopped tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, ground coriander, cinnamon stick and ground cinnamon. Leave to simmer.
- STEP 4Boil the rice. Add the halloumi to the sauce and leave on a low heat until rice is cooked through. Serve with a glass of cool milk (or cool beer for adults) to create the perfect combination!