Halloumi and tomato gnocchi
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A fresh tomato sauce with grilled halloumi and gnocchi (or pasta!). A quick, easy meal perfect for a mid-week family dinner.
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, boiled with skins removed
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 pack halloumi, cubed
- 1 pack gnocchi (or pasta, enough to feed 4)
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Fresh corriander (not essential)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cinnamon stick
- STEP 1Place your cubed halloumi under the grill for 10 minutes whilst you cook the sauce and gnocchi.
- STEP 2Fry the onion, chilli, garlic and cinnamon stick in the olive oil until the onion begins to turn brown/go soft.
- STEP 3Add the fresh tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, ground coriander and ground cinnamon. Leave to simmer. Place the gnocchi in a pan of boiling water and boil.
- STEP 4Drain the gnocchi and add the gnocchi and grilled halloumi to the sauce. You may need to split the fresh tomatoes so they mix with all the sauce.
- STEP 5Serve with a sprinkle of fresh coriander and a side salad for a healthy addition.