- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Quick, easy, tasty and filling.
- Roughly 200g pasta of your choice
- 8 rashers streaky bacon (smoked or unsmoked)
- 60g mature cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 1 egg
- Ground black pepper and salt
- STEP 1Put a pan of water on to boil. Cut the bacon into 1 cm pieces whilst waiting for the water to reach boiling point. Add the pasta, along with a few shakes of salt, to the boiling water, and cook according to packet instructions.
- STEP 2Whilst the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon pieces until crispy.
- STEP 3Prepare the sauce whilst the bacon and pasta are cooking. Add the grated cheese, egg, double cream and seasoning to a small bowl. Mix until combined.
- STEP 4Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and return it to the pan. Add the cheesy sauce and stir - it will cook as it mixes with the pasta. Stir in the bacon pieces, then serve in warm bowls.