Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Granny's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 20 cookies
These cookies are super easy to make and super delicious! It's a recipe my gran uses all the time and they always come out perfect. It's the only recipe I use to make cookies with.
- 90g butter
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 175g self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 100g chocolate chunks
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4. Then line baking trays with grease proof paper.
- STEP 2Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together until thick and fluffy. Beat in the egg gradually.
- STEP 3Fold in the flour and salt. Then add the chocolate chunks and stir in to the mixture.
- STEP 4Place spoonfuls of the mixture on to the baking trays. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- STEP 5Leave to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack. When cold, store in an airtight tin in a cool place.