- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This is a quick, easy and super healthy approach to an Indian classic. Japuri is a broth/gravey/soup styled dish meaning low on calories and high on feel good fullness.
- 1 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2tbl curry powder medium heat
- 1tbl garam masala
- 1/2tbl dried ginger
- 80g green lentils
- 800ml of chicken stock
- 1 leek
- 1 red pepper
- 50ml half fat creme fresh
- 1/2tsp sugar
- 300g of cooked chicken
- STEP 1Cook lentils for 20mins or as per instructions on packet.
- STEP 2Separately cook the onions for 5 mins low heat / until translucent.
- STEP 3Add the rest of the vegetables and cook for 5 mins (then add garlic) then add garam masala
- STEP 4Make a curry paste by cooking the curry powder and ginger poweder in 1tsp oil for 1 min
- STEP 5Incorporate paste with vegetables stir for 1 min
- STEP 6Add the chicken stock, stir for a few mins ensuring all the paste and vegetables are mixed in with the stock. Add the sugar
- STEP 7Leave to simmer for 10mins.
- STEP 8Add the lentils and cooked chicken into the vegetables and stock.
- STEP 9Stir in creme fresh and serve.