Banana And Nutella Muffins
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 14 medium muffins
A light and fluffy but moist muffin with a chocolate spread centre.
- 3 medium ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 large egg
- 40g caster sugar
- 40g granulated sugar
- 40g soft brown sugar
- 75g butter or margarine (melted)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g plain flour
- 50g wholemeal flour (or 50g more plain)
- 1/2 tsp nutella for each muffin
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 / 190C / 375F. Add the egg to the mashed bananas in a large bowl and beat with a fork until incorporated.
- STEP 2Add the sugars and the melted butter and beat again until combined.
- STEP 3Stir together dry ingredients and sift into wet. Tip in the bran left in the sieve. Fold the dry ingredients gently into the wet in figure-of-eight movements with a metal spoon.
- STEP 4Spoon mixture into muffin cases. If nutella is not soft, gently warm in microwave. Add 1/2 tsp to each case and swirl with a cocktail stick.
- STEP 5Bake for 20 minutes, then insert a knife. If blade comes out clean, they are done. If not, return to oven and keep checking.