Mackerel and poached egg salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
A quick healthy salad, great for any time of year.
- Two mackerel fillets
- One bag of beetroot salad (or any salad, but beetroot gives it a great colour)
- Two eggs
For the dressing
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- STEP 1Put the mackerel under the grill for ten minutes, start boiling the water for your poached eggs.
- STEP 2Make the dressing for the salad.
- STEP 3Empty the salad onto plates
- STEP 4Dress the salad, then poach two eggs.
- STEP 5Place grilled mackerel on salad, then place the poached eggs on top of the grilled mackrel.