Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Coconut Domes topped with dark chocolate
- Preparation and cooking time
- Leave to set for 15-20 minutes
- Makes 12 coconut domes.
Yummy coconut domes topped with chocolate, perfect for young children to make on a rainy day.
- 200g Desiccated coconut
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- Melted dark chocolate
- Extra ingredients(optional): Glacé cherries, finely chopped
- STEP 1Heat your oven to 180C and grease a baking sheet.
- STEP 2Put the cocunut and sugar in a medium sized bowl and mix together. Beat in the egg to bind the mixture together. To make the dome shape, get an egg cup and dip it into cold water then, fill with the cocunut mixture then turn out onto baking sheet. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until the domes are just about a pale golden brown colour. Leave them to cool.
- STEP 3Whilst your coconut domes are cooling, start melting your chocolate in a small bowl over boiling water. When the chocolate has melted, pour it over the coconut domes and leave them to set. Finally enjoy!